GT3PYE/P: Isle of Man, 4-11 May 2019
After a decade of visiting the Scottish Islands, we’re heading to a different DXCC this year: the Isle of Man, GD.
With a shorter journey from Cambridgeshire this year, we’re aiming to complete it all in one day: leaving home around 6am on Saturday 4th May for a midday ferry crossing from Heysham, bringing us on to the island by early evening. Most of the rest of the day will be setting up – we don’t expect to be on air much on Saturday.
We will then be QRV through the week before dismantling the stations on Friday 10th May.
This year, we’re expecting a similar setup to before:
- 4x HF stations covering 160m to 10m, with linear amplifiers developing up to 400W.
- 6m, 4m and 2m will focus on SSB & MGM (datamodes), with skeds welcome via ON4KST chat, we plan to use the following QRGs:
- 6m: meteor scatter using MSK144 on 50.285 MHz; FT-8 on 50.313 MHz.
- 4m meteor scatter using FSK441/MSK144 on 70.174 MHz; FT-8 on 70.154 MHz (use ON4KST to request a different QRG if required).
- 2m meteor scatter using FSK441/MSK144 on 144.365 MHz; JTMS on 144.184 MHz; FT-8 on 144.174 MHz.
- 2m and 70cm satellites
- SSB and video via the Es’hail-2 / QO-100 satellite
Here’s a sample of our equipment:
- Elecraft K3 transceivers
- Icom IC-7300 transceiver
- Elecraft KPA-500 amplifiers
- Juma PA-1000 amplifier
- 5B4AGN and DuneStar transmitting band-pass filters
- Hexbeam for 20m – 10m
- G4ERO homebrew 20m mono-band 3-ele yagi
- 1/4 verticals and horizontal dipoles on 80, 60, 40 and 30m
- Vertical dipoles on 17 and 15m
- VHF 6m
- Icom IC-7300
- Elecraft KPA-500 linear
- 6 element YU7EF wide spaced
- VHF 4m
- Icom IC-7300
- 600W homebrew 6m/4m solid-state linear
- 7 element YU7EF wide spaced
- VHF 2m
- Icom IC-910 transceiver
- M1BXF Homebrew 1.25Kw SSPA
- 17 element Tonna (no elevation control)
- DG8 preamp
- Icom IC-9700 transceiver
- Wimo 2m & 70cm X-Quads
- SSB Electronics Preamps
- M1BXF antenna phasing switch
- Yaesu G-5500 computer controlled rotator system (PCSat32)
- Maidenhead Square: IO74se
- IOTA: EU-116
- WAB: SC37